Alimony and Maintenance in Bangladesh
Lacsb assists clients in Dhaka, Bangladesh with dower and maintenance matters, divorce-related property and financial disputes, and alternative dispute resolution methods such as negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
1. Alimony and maintenance matters
2. Divorce-related property and financial disputes
3. Negotiation, mediation, and arbitration
1. Expert legal guidance: Our experienced family law attorneys help you understand your rights and options in complex divorce matters.
2. Tailored solutions: We provide customised solutions to resolve your disputes and achieve a fair outcome.
3. Alternative dispute resolution: Our lawyers are skilled in negotiation, mediation, and arbitration, offering effective alternatives to court proceedings.
Scenarios and Examples:
Scenario 1: A husband and wife are divorcing and cannot agree on the division of marital assets. Our lawyers can help negotiate a fair settlement or represent them in mediation or arbitration.
Scenario 2: A wife seeks maintenance and alimony payments from her husband after their divorce. Our legal team can help her navigate the legal process and secure the payments she is entitled to.
Scenario 3: A divorcing couple has a complex financial situation involving business assets, real estate, and investments. Our attorneys can help them resolve their financial disputes through negotiation, mediation, or arbitration.
1. Consultation: Our legal team will assess your case and provide advice on the best course of action.
2. Negotiation: We will engage in negotiations with the opposing party to reach a fair settlement.
3. Mediation or arbitration: If negotiations fail, we can represent you in mediation or arbitration to resolve the dispute.
4. Court proceedings: If alternative dispute resolution methods are unsuccessful, our lawyers can represent you in court to protect your interests.
Pricing and Fees:
1. Consultation fees: We charge a fee for an initial consultation, which varies based on the complexity of your case.
2. Hourly rates or fixed fees: We offer hourly rates or fixed fees for our services, depending on the nature and scope of the legal work involved.
3. Customised pricing: We understand each client's situation is unique, so we offer tailored pricing solutions based on your specific needs and circumstances.
At Lacsb, our skilled and experienced legal professionals are dedicated to providing exceptional legal representation and guidance in dower and maintenance, divorce-related property and financial disputes, and alternative dispute resolution methods such as negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. We understand that every case is unique, and we work closely with our clients to develop tailored solutions that meet their needs and achieve their goals. Contact us today at 01308 383 801 to schedule a consultation and learn how we can assist you with your legal matters in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Frequently asked questions about our divorce-related property disputes, dower & maintenance services
1. What is the difference between dower and maintenance?
Dower is a payment made by the husband to the wife upon marriage, while maintenance refers to the husband's ongoing financial support of his wife during and after the marriage.
4. Can I change my maintenance or dower payment after the divorce?
Yes, under certain circumstances, you may be able to modify your maintenance or dower payment after the divorce. Our lawyers can help you with the modification process.
2. Can a prenuptial agreement protect my assets in a divorce?
Yes, a well-drafted prenuptial agreement can help protect your assets in the event of a divorce. Our lawyers can help you draft and review a prenuptial agreement.
5. How long does the mediation or arbitration process take?
The duration of mediation or arbitration depends on the complexity of the case and the willingness of both parties to cooperate. Mediation or arbitration can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months or more.
3. How is marital property divided in Bangladesh?
In Bangladesh, marital property is divided according to the principles of fairness and equity. Our legal team can help you achieve a fair division of assets in your divorce.
6. What happens if we can't reach an agreement through negotiation, mediation, or arbitration?
If an agreement cannot be reached through negotiation, mediation, or arbitration, you may need to proceed with court litigation. Our lawyers can represent you in court to protect your interests and achieve the best possible outcome.