Secure and Commercialise Your Brand and IP in Bangladesh
At Lacsb, we offer comprehensive legal services to help you secure and commercialise your brand and intellectual property (IP) in Bangladesh.
Our domain expertise includes registering trademarks, copyrights, and patents, as well as drafting and reviewing various IP-related agreements, such as licensing, franchising, and technology transfer agreements. With our team of experienced legal professionals, we can guide you through the entire process of protecting and capitalizing on your valuable IP assets.
1. Protect Your Brand: Registering your trademarks, copyrights, and patents is crucial to safeguard your brand and prevent unauthorized use or infringement by competitors. Our legal services ensure your IP rights are secure and enforceable in Bangladesh.
2. Increase Brand Value: A strong IP portfolio can significantly enhance your brand's value, making it more attractive to investors and potential partners. Our services help you build and maintain a robust IP portfolio that adds value to your business.
3. Streamline Commercialisation: By drafting and reviewing IP-related agreements, our legal team helps you navigate the complexities of commercializing your IP assets, ensuring that your business interests are protected, and risks are minimized.
Scenarios and Examples:
Scenario 1: A local fashion designer in Dhaka wants to protect her unique clothing designs and register her brand's logo as a trademark. Our legal team can assist the designer in conducting a thorough trademark search, filing the necessary trademark application, and advising on strategies for protecting her clothing designs through copyright registration.
Scenario 3: A company in Bangladesh is looking to expand its product line through a franchise model and needs to protect its brand and IP throughout the expansion process. Our legal team can help the company draft and review franchise agreements that include provisions for IP protection, ensuring that the company's brand and IP are safeguarded during the expansion.
1. IP Registration: The first step is to conduct a search to ensure your desired trademark, copyright, or patent is available for registration. Once confirmed, our legal team will assist you in filing the appropriate applications with the relevant government authorities.
2. Examination and Approval: After submission, the authorities will examine your application for compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. Our legal team will monitor the process and address any objections or concerns raised by the authorities.
3. Drafting and Reviewing Agreements: We will work with you to draft and review IP-related agreements tailored to your specific business needs, ensuring that your interests are protected, and potential risks are mitigated.
4. Ongoing Support: Our legal team is available for ongoing support to address any legal issues that may arise during the commercialisation of your IP assets, such as disputes, infringement claims, or contract renegotiations.
Pricing and Fees:
Our pricing structure for IP registration and drafting of the necessary documentation is designed to be transparent and competitive. While the exact fees may vary depending on the complexity of your case and the specific services required, we provide a general outline below:
1. Trademark Registration: Our fees for trademark registration include professional fees for conducting a trademark search, filing the application, and monitoring the approval process. Additionally, government fees apply for the application and registration of the trademark.
2. Copyright Registration: Our fees for copyright registration cover professional fees for filing the application and monitoring the approval process. Government fees apply for the application and registration of the copyright.
3. Patent Registration: Our fees for patent registration include professional fees for conducting a patent search, filing the application, and monitoring the approval process. Government fees apply for the application and registration of the patent.
4. Drafting and Reviewing Agreements: Our fees for drafting and reviewing IP-related agreements depend on the complexity of the agreement and the time required to prepare and review the documents.
Please contact us at 01308 383 801 or visit lacsb.com for a personalised quote based on your specific needs.
Frequently asked questions about our secure and commercialise brand and IP services
1. How long does it take to register a trademark, copyright, or patent in Bangladesh?
The registration process for trademarks, copyrights, and patents can vary depending on the complexity of the application and the workload of the relevant government authorities. In general, trademark registration may take 8-12 months, copyright registration around 4-6 months, and patent registration may take up to 2-4 years.
4. What happens if someone infringes on my registered IP rights?
If someone infringes on your registered IP rights, you may take legal action against them. Our legal team can help you assess the situation, gather evidence of infringement, and initiate the appropriate legal proceedings to protect your rights and seek remedies.
2. What is the difference between a trademark, copyright, and patent?
Trademarks protect brand names, logos, and other identifiers that distinguish your goods and services from those of competitors. Copyrights protect original works of authorship, such as literature, music, and artistic creations. Patents protect inventions and discoveries, granting the inventor the exclusive right to make, use, and sell the invention for a limited period.
5. How do I transfer or license my IP rights to another party?
Transferring or licensing IP rights involves drafting and negotiating an agreement outlining the terms and conditions of the transfer or license. Our legal team can assist you in preparing and reviewing these agreements to ensure your interests are protected.
3. Can I register a trademark, copyright, or patent internationally?
Yes, you can register your IP rights in multiple countries, but the process and requirements may vary depending on the jurisdiction. Our legal team can advise you on the appropriate international registration strategies and guide you through the process.
6. How long do IP rights last in Bangladesh?
The duration of IP rights varies depending on the type of right. In Bangladesh, trademark registrations are valid for an initial period of 7 years and can be renewed indefinitely for 10-year periods. Copyrights last for the life of the author plus 60 years. Patents have a term of 16 years from the filing date, with a possible extension of up to 5 years for certain pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals.