Set Up Non-Profit Organizations, NGOs, and Charities in Bangladesh
In the vibrant nation of Bangladesh, non-profit organisations, NGOs, and charities play a crucial role in addressing social and environmental challenges. Establishing such entities demands expert legal guidance to navigate the complex legal framework and ensure compliance with local regulations. We strive to make the process hassle-free for you. Contact us at 01308 383 801 to get started.
At Lacsb, our team of experienced lawyers offers comprehensive legal services to help clients set up non-profit organizations, NGOs, and charities in Bangladesh. Our services include:
1. Initial consultation and advice on the most suitable legal structure for your non-profit organization, NGO, or charity.
2. Assistance with the preparation and filing of all necessary documents, including registration forms, constitutions, and by-laws.
3. Guidance on obtaining necessary approvals and licenses from relevant government authorities.
4. Support with tax and regulatory compliance, including VAT registration and filing.
5. Ongoing legal advice and representation for your organization's legal matters, such as contracts, employment law, and intellectual property.
By engaging our legal services, clients can expect the following benefits:
1. Expert legal advice: Our team of experienced lawyers ensures that your organization is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, minimizing the risk of legal disputes or penalties.
2. Time-saving: Our lawyers will guide you through the complex process of setting up a non-profit organization, NGO, or charity in Bangladesh, allowing you to focus on your core mission.
3. Customized solutions: We tailor our services to meet the specific needs and goals of each client, ensuring that your organization is set up and managed effectively.
4. Peace of mind: With our support, you can be confident that your organization is operating legally and ethically, safeguarding its reputation and ensuring its long-term success.
Scenarios and Examples:
1. A group of individuals wishes to establish a non-profit organization in Bangladesh focused on providing educational opportunities to underprivileged children. Our legal team can help them navigate the registration process, draft their constitution, and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
2. An international NGO wants to expand its operations in Bangladesh and requires assistance with obtaining the necessary licenses and approvals from government authorities. Our lawyers can guide them through the application process and advise on any additional legal requirements.
3. A local charity seeks ongoing legal support to manage its day-to-day operations, including drafting and reviewing contracts, ensuring compliance with employment laws, and protecting its intellectual property. Our lawyers can provide comprehensive legal advice and representation tailored to the organization's specific needs.
The legal process for setting up a non-profit organization, NGO, or charity in Bangladesh involves the following steps:
1. Determine the legal structure: Clients should first decide on the most suitable legal structure for their organization, such as a society, trust, or foundation.
2. Draft the constitution and by-laws: Our lawyers will help clients prepare and review the necessary documents, including the organization's constitution and by-laws, outlining its objectives, governance structure, and operational procedures.
3. Register the organization: The organization must be registered with the relevant government authority, such as the Registrar of Societies, Registrar of Trusts, or Registrar of Foundations, depending on the chosen legal structure.
4. Obtain necessary approvals and licenses: Depending on the organization's activities, additional approvals and licenses may be required from various government authorities.
5. Ensure tax and regulatory compliance: Our lawyers will assist clients with tax registration, VAT compliance, and other regulatory requirements.
Pricing and Fees:
At Lacsb, we understand that non-profit organizations, NGOs, and charities operate on limited budgets. Therefore, we offer competitive and transparent pricing structures tailored to the needs of each client. Our fees include:
Initial consultation: A one-time fee for discussing your organization's goals and requirements, and advising on the most suitable legal structure.
Document preparation: Fees for drafting and reviewing constitutions, by-laws, registration forms, and other necessary documents.
Registration and licensing: Government fees for registering the organization and obtaining any required licenses and approvals.
Ongoing legal support: Our lawyers can provide ongoing legal advice and representation on a retainer basis, with fees determined by the complexity and scope of the services required.
For a detailed quote and breakdown of our pricing structure, please contact us at 01308 383 801.
Frequently asked questions about our non-profit organizations, NGOs, and charities set up service
1. What is the difference between a non-profit organization, an NGO, and a charity?
Non-profit organizations, NGOs, and charities are all entities that operate for a public or social benefit, rather than for-profit. However, they may differ in terms of their legal structures, activities, and objectives. In general, non-profit organizations encompass a broad range of entities, including NGOs and charities, while NGOs typically focus on specific social or environmental issues and charities primarily engage in philanthropic activities.
4. What are the ongoing legal requirements for non-profit organizations, NGOs, and charities in Bangladesh?
Non-profit organizations, NGOs, and charities in Bangladesh are required to comply with various legal requirements, such as submitting annual reports and financial statements, maintaining proper records, and ensuring compliance with tax and regulatory obligations.
2. How long does it take to set up a non-profit organization, NGO, or charity in Bangladesh?
The time required to set up a non-profit organization, NGO, or charity in Bangladesh depends on the chosen legal structure, the complexity of the organization's objectives, and the efficiency of the relevant government authorities. Generally, the process can take several weeks to a few months.
5. Can Lacsb help with the dissolution or winding up of a non-profit organization, NGO, or charity in Bangladesh?
Yes, our lawyers can assist with the dissolution or winding up of a non-profit organization, NGO, or charity in Bangladesh, including advising on the necessary procedures, preparing required documents, and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
3. Can foreign individuals or organizations set up a non-profit organization, NGO, or charity in Bangladesh?
Yes, foreign individuals and organizations can set up non-profit organizations, NGOs, and charities in Bangladesh. However, they may be subject to additional legal requirements and restrictions, such as obtaining permission from the NGO Affairs Bureau (NGOAB) or forming partnerships with local organizations.
6. Are donations to non-profit organizations, NGOs, and charities in Bangladesh tax-deductible?
Donations to certain non-profit organizations, NGOs, and charities in Bangladesh may be tax-deductible, depending on the organization's tax-exempt status and the donor's tax situation. Our lawyers can advise clients on the tax implications of their donations and help organizations obtain tax-exempt status if eligible.