Succession, inheritance, partition, and distribution of inherited properties in Bangladesh
Navigating succession, inheritance, partition, and distribution of inherited properties in Bangladesh can be complex. Lacsb offers expert legal guidance to help protect your rights and interests in these matters.
1. Succession and inheritance law consultation
2. Will drafting and execution
3. Intestate succession planning
4. Legal representation for inheritance disputes
5. Property partition and distribution
6. Probate and estate administration
1. Protect your legal rights: Our experienced lawyers will ensure your rights are protected throughout the process of inheritance, partition, and distribution.
2. Efficient dispute resolution: Our legal team will work diligently to resolve inheritance disputes and partition issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
3. Expert guidance: Receive personalised advice on succession planning, inheritance law, and partition procedures in Bangladesh.
4. Comprehensive service: Our team will handle all aspects of your case, from drafting and executing wills to administering estates and probate.
Scenarios and Examples:
Scenario 1: An individual passes away without a valid will, leaving behind various properties and assets. The surviving family members are unsure of their legal rights and entitlements under Bangladesh's intestate succession laws. Our lawyers will provide expert guidance on intestate succession, ensuring the deceased's assets are distributed fairly and in accordance with the law.
Scenario 2: Siblings are involved in a dispute over the partition of inherited property. The disagreement has led to a stalemate, and the parties are unable to resolve it. Our legal team will facilitate negotiations and, if necessary, represent the parties in court to achieve a fair and legally binding partition of the property.
Scenario 3: A family member challenges the validity of a will, alleging undue influence or lack of testamentary capacity. The dispute threatens the intended distribution of the deceased's assets. Our experienced lawyers will investigate the validity of the will, gather evidence, and provide representation in court to defend the testator's wishes and protect the rights of the beneficiaries.
1. Consultation: Meet with our legal team to discuss your inheritance, partition, and distribution concerns.
2. Will drafting and execution: Our lawyers will draft a legally valid will that reflects your wishes and complies with Bangladesh's succession laws.
3. Intestate succession planning: If a deceased individual has no valid will, our team will help navigate the intestate succession process, ensuring assets are distributed according to the law.
4. Dispute resolution: We will work to resolve inheritance disputes through negotiation, mediation, or litigation, if necessary.
5. Partition and distribution: Our legal team will oversee the partition and distribution of inherited properties, ensuring fairness and compliance with the law.
6. Probate and estate administration: We will guide you through the probate process and handle estate administration tasks, such as paying debts, distributing assets, and filing necessary documentation.
Pricing and Fees:
1. Consultation fees: Based on your case's complexity, we offer competitive rates for our initial consultations.
2. Will drafting and execution fees: Our fees for will drafting and execution services depend on the will's complexity and the level of legal advice required.
3. Legal representation fees: Fees for legal representation in inheritance disputes, partition matters, and probate proceedings will vary depending on the case's complexity, the amount of work involved, and the duration of the dispute.
4. Government fees: There may be government fees associated with filing certain documents, such as probate or partition applications. Our legal team will inform you of any applicable fees during the consultation.
5. Customised pricing: We understand that each client's situation is unique, so we offer tailored pricing solutions based on your specific needs and circumstances.
At Lacsb - Legal And Consultancy Services Bangladesh, we understand the complexities of succession, inheritance, partition, and distribution of inherited properties in Bangladesh. Our experienced legal team is dedicated to protecting your rights and interests in these matters. With our guidance and representation, you can confidently navigate the legal process and achieve a fair and just outcome. Contact us today at 01308 383 801 to discuss your case and learn how we can assist you.
Frequently asked questions about our succession & inheritance related services
1. How is inheritance distributed when there is no will in Bangladesh?
In the absence of a valid will, the assets will be distributed according to Bangladesh's intestate succession laws, which take into account the deceased's religion and the surviving relatives' relationships with the deceased.
4. How long does the probate process take in Bangladesh?
The duration of the probate process can vary depending on the complexity of the estate, the presence of disputes, and the efficiency of the court system. Our legal team will work diligently to expedite the probate process and keep you informed of its progress.
2. Can a will be contested in Bangladesh?
Yes, a will can be contested on various grounds, including lack of testamentary capacity, undue influence, or fraud. Our legal team can help you challenge or defend a will, depending on your situation.
5. Can an executor be removed if they are not fulfilling their duties?
Yes, if an executor is not fulfilling their duties or is acting in bad faith, our lawyers can help you petition the court for their removal and the appointment of a new executor.
3. What is the process for partitioning inherited property?
Partitioning inherited property involves dividing the property among co-owners, either through negotiation or a court-ordered partition. Our lawyers can guide you through the partition process and help you reach a fair and legally binding partition agreement.
6. Are there any taxes associated with inheriting property in Bangladesh?
Inheritance tax is not applicable in Bangladesh. However, there may be other taxes and fees associated with the transfer and registration of inherited properties. Our legal team can provide guidance on any applicable taxes and help you fulfil your tax obligations.